It Was Worth Getting a Raccoon






I’m in Montreal, in transit between Florida and my final destination, Quebec city. By the way, what a waste of time to wait 4 hours at Montreal airport when it would have taken me half the time to get to Quebec city by car. Just saying.

I have the blues

I already miss the athlete’s type of life I was living in the past three weeks : sleep, eat, train, eat, watch a film, train, eat, play Beans, snack, sleep. Repeat 21 times minus two light days. Actually, I had some homework and administrative works for the triathlon club to do, but not enough to mention really. I miss to ride on dry roads, to swim outside and to wear short clothes.

Short wrap up

  • 21 days in Clermont
  • 40h of biking, 1175km
  • 18h of running, 230km
  • 21h of swimming, 65km (approximately, because we often swam in yards)


Best running moment : 4x2000m on track in 7:27 with 3:30 recovery
Best swimming moment : Long course, 3 times the following set: 200m AO en 2:35/4min + 100AO en 1:15/2min + 2x50m AO en 34/1min 
Best cycling moment : 3h55, 129km with  3x8xSprint (15sec-10sec-5sec) on 1min followed by a hard 1h30 in Manon’s wheel who was staying in the wheels of a pack of our guys.
Food discovery, thanks to Elise : Mixing porridge with Kashi cereals.
Lines heard that made me laugh the most : Gab, wearing a Thrift Shop t-shirt promoting christianism, is being shutted up by JP, but replied : « God bless you ».
Animal discovery : Both the turtles and the alligators !

Photo from Jean-Philippe
Cultural discovery : Americans, especially the ones we meet at Walt-Mart, are badly dressed and ugly.
Freak fan moment : Seeing Mirinda Carfrae at the NTC and taking a photo of her back
House: We found out that the houses like the one we rented cost around 140 000$: what a joke !
Weather: It can be extremely cold in Clermont in March.
Theme song : I Knew you Were Troubel by Taylor Swift

Now, let’s pray for the snow to melt quickly and to God for keeping me away from injuries. In the name of the upcoming triathlon season, 

Amen.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bring It On !

First Half of our Training Camp

The day has come in 2015 !