Wake up call !!

There were a lot of big races this week end : Mooloolaba WC, Sarasota et Lima American Cups, Las Olas, 70.3 Puerto Rico et Monterrey, NYC Half Marathon, etc.

While some have already started their season, I feel like I've only started training seriously. I ran outside ! On asphalt ! Not just 20min. 21km !

Let me explain myself. I don't run outside during winter anymore. Not because of our cold Quebec winter, although it would have been a good reason this year. It's because of the snow and ice on which we have to run outside. I got injured in the past. Good news ! I'm injury free so far this year :)

Yesterday, I ran outside. With my new Merrell running shoes (pink !!) on dry asphalt. At the end of an easier training week, I had an hour of bike (inside obviously) followed by a 21km run. During summer, it's not that big of a deal, but yesterday, it came as a wake up call ! I realized that my triathlon season is coming fast.

I wish you all great Spring training !


***

Winter fun...



Mont Orford, photo from Martine Sanfaçon




Second place at pentathlon des neiges with Team Merrell-Garneau, photos from Nicolas Courville and Louis Garneau

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bring It On !

First Half of our Training Camp

The day has come in 2015 !