Tough Start

It's been a while since my last post and so many things happened that I could write a novel. Because reading is not popular these days, I'll make it short.

Half-Ironman Eagleman


On June 8th, I raced my first long distance triathlon of this season. We were more than 20 athletes representing Rouge et Or in Cambridge, Maryland.

In Short... 

A horrible swim, an ordinary bike and a catastrophic run. Transitions were good :)

Comical Fact 

I walked on a nail on the rented house deck two days before the race. It was obviously uncomfortable, but it didn't really have an impact on my race results.

Statistics 

Swim : 33:55 (73e)
T1: 1:05
Bike : 2:39:33 (77e)
T2: 1:11
Run : 1:37:24 (51e)
20e PRO out of 22
51e woman out of 672
272e athlete out of 2082

Half-Ironman Mont-Tremblant

It was on June 22nd, which is exactly at the end of school year. As a high school maths teacher, it is by far the worst time of year at work because we are loaded with exams corrections, review documents, exams planification, etc. It's definitely one of the reasons to my aweful results at Eagleman and Mont-Tremblant. Note to myself and I hope you'll remind it to me : never schedule a half-Ironman in May nor in June.

 Photo from Jérôme Bergeron
 Annie Gervais and I, photo from Charles Perreault
 Photo from Jérôme Bergeron

In Short... 

An extraordinary swim regarding the short time I spent in the pool since January. My bike is better than last year, but it's still not a result as good as planned. The run is worst than the catastrophic one at Eagleman. I can't believe running used to be my strength.

Comical Fact 

Compared to last year where I was extremely nervous, It was all about smiling this week end. My awesome groupie picture with idole Julie Dibens says it all.

Julie Dibens and I, photo from Alexandre Dompierre

Statistics

Swim: 27:54 (11e)
T1 : 3:00
Bike: 2:41:24 (19e)
T2 : 0:57
Run : 1:39:17 (19e)
6e PRO out of 10
19e woman out of 869
180e athlete out of 2369

Triathlon du Lac-Delage

Since September, I'm part of triathlon du Lac-Delage organisation. In fact, I was the race director. My goals were numorous and ambitious. For exemple, I wanted to welcome 800 athletes, 200 volunteers, about 30 corporative teams, a Junior National Serie and, most of all, I wanted to create a happening.

I haven'd fulfilled all my goals. However, I've learnt a lot and I'm proud of what I have accomplished even if I'm a bit disappointed with the results.

From the athlete's point of view, it was apparently well organise and fun. Great ! From the race director's point of view, there are many things to improve.

Will I be on the organisation committee next year ? Nop. Mostly because I'm moving. Do I give up on events organisation in general ? Certainly not.

Comical Fact 

I got hit on the head by a chloroplast placard.

What's next ?

After 10 days without training due to triathlon du Lac-Delage, it's time I get back to Half-Ironman business. My ultimate goal is to place top 5 at Muskoka Half-Ironman in September.

It started quickly today with a bike ride with Pierre-Yves, one of his athlete and... two cyclists from Team Garneau-Quebecor. Busted ! Once I'll be able to ride 50km/h around Lac St-Joseph, I'll be happy to go back with them. Since then, I have to work hard !!! Oufff...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bring It On !

First Half of our Training Camp

The day has come in 2015 !