Realisations of 2013

December 31st 2012


I miss my flight to Florida. What an adventure for new year's ev ! I get to see the fireworks from the sky. 

Decembre 31st to January 14th


My own training camp in Fort Lauderdale. More than 1000km of bike to begin the new year in good shape.  

February 28th


Beginning of a three weeks training camp in Clermont, Florida. 

April 14th


I run my fastest 5km in 17:49 at 5km Prédiction. 

April 28th 


I run my fastest half-marathon at the  Scotia Bank half-marathon in Montréal in 1:25:12, which is about 2:30 faster than the previous year. A spring classic that I shouldn't miss in 2014 ! Public goal ? Under 1:23:30. Secret goal ? :)

May 31st


Officially bachelor as a high school maths teacher. 

June 8th 



Mont-Tremblant's triathlon become a duathlon due to the cold weather. Even with a terrible injury to a calf, I win in 1:02:6. 

June 23rd



I take part in my first half-Ironma as a professionnal in Mont-Tremblant. The nervosity is uncontrollably high and the result disappointing...  5:03:15 => 24th woman

13 juillet



With a few members of Rouge et Or triathlon club, we organise the first edition of the Triathlon du Lac-Delage. It has been such a success that we will be back in 2014 !

July



I join Team Merrell-Louis Garneau. Thank you to Pierre-Yves Gigou for getting me into the team and to Merrell and Louis Garneau for the support. 

September 8th



After two months out of racing because of the calf injury, I attempt another start with the professionnals at half-Ironman Muskoka. The result is beyond my expectations ! I finish 8th woman in 5:02:32.

September-October 



Focusing on getting my running strengh back, I join Laval University's cross-country training and take part in a few cross-country races. 

October 27th 



Happy with my race in Muskoka, I decide to extend my racing season to Miami's half-Ironman. The result is just as good as Muskoka's : I finish 10th woman in 4:36:10.

Summary


In short, it has a been a very positive year as a wannabe professionnal triathlete. However, financially, to support this dream, it has been extremely difficult. This is why, in 2014, I will try to balance this wannabe life and the reality.  

Happy New Year and may the odds be ever in your favor... ;) 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bring It On !

First Half of our Training Camp

The day has come in 2015 !