Leaving for Clermont 2013



 I was extremely nervous last Sunday at McGill University where I had to run a 3km on an inside track for the first time since high school. The goal was 10 :35 at the slowest. 

At the gun shot, what a start I had, because I was sitting second behind Sarah who was doing our 3 :30/km rabbit for the first kilometer. Hypnotised by following her, I did the first 1000meters in 3 :20. When I saw that time on the clock during the race, I was a bit shocked because I never thought I could run that fast while being that confortable. However, I knew I’ll have to pay for an ambitious start. It started at the 2km mark. I didn’t hit the wall, but my legs slowly faded. A few girls passed me. I was looking at the clock at every lap and calculating the time I was loosing and the chances I could still reach my goal.  Finally, thanks to my excellent sprint abilities (NOT !), I ran 10 :33. What a terrible positive split ! Anyway, I quickly forgot about my performance to celebrate my friends outstanding race with a time 20 seconds faster than her previous personal best. Good job Isa !

 Photos from Isabelle's dad

***

6 am :  let’s go, on the plane, for the annual winter training camp ! This year, I am heading to Clermont, Florida, with coach Perreault and a bunch of freak triathletes looking forward to put some miles in their canadian winter legs.  Why Clermont ? Because the flights are cheap compared to other southern destinations, accomodation is extremely cheap, there will be two international triathlon in Clermont during our stay, the NTC (National Training Center) is awesome and, hopefully, the weather will be great. The weather…  At this time of the year in Florida, it can be formidable or terrible. Fingers crossed for extraordinary weather. According to the weather network, it’s going to be sunny, but cold. Anyway, they get it wrong all the time, right ? 

As for myself, I won’t be competing in any international triathlon in Clermont since it’s short distance. I’ll go for additionnal bike rides. You know, always more, but not too much.
My goals haven’t change. I will be doing half-Ironman this summer. By the way, I guess it’s the time of year where you start planning your summer holidays. Well, don’t forget to be at Mont-Tremblant on the 23th of June. A lot of canadians will be competing in this wonderful event like ME. It’s going to be my first professionnal race, I’m going to be EXTREMELY nervous so I will ne all the cheers you can give all around the course. See you there, then ? 


Needless to say this weekend it’s the Pentathlon des neiges and the Quebec bicycle show. Have a talk with our passionate triathletes at the Quebec bicycle show or stop by the Plains of Abraham to support all the athletes competing. Good luck to the athletes !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bring It On !

First Half of our Training Camp

The day has come in 2015 !